Breathe

Sunday, November 27, 2005

Shakespeare in Love

What is it about that movie that overwhelms me?
An indescribable feeling sweeps me off my feet and into an untold world of fantasies, romance and yearnings. Sitting there from start till end, unable to move out of the chair in front of the TV, just watching intensely every expression, every look, every smile, every gesture, every touch. Perfect! Open-mouthed, gazing and focused, that is exactly how you would describe me during the broadcast of my favorite movie of all times. Why?? Why does it move me every single time I see it? With the same intensity, at the very same scenes... every time!! Amazing! One scene after the other… and I find myself head over heels with the movie.
Is it my never-ending love for Shakespeare himself??
Or is it the exquisite use of the Shakespearean English dialect?
Perhaps it’s the insanity of the lovers in the picture? Their restless venture into the pleasures of passion and their sincere commitment to one another with all their senses.
I’m most certain the way they express their love to one another leaves a profound impact inside of me. Wouldn’t it move you? See for yourself:

“She says: Tell me how you love her, Will
He says: Like a sickness and its cure together.”

And in another scene, talking to her nanny:
“She says: I will have poetry in my life. And adventure. And love. Love above all. No... not the artful postures of love, not playful and poetical games of love for the amusement of an evening, but love that... over-throws life. Unbiddable, ungovernable - like a riot in the heart, and nothing to be done, come ruin or rapture. Love - like there has never been in a play.”

Love was their only inspiration, their only motive. Words do move me… a lot. I’m very much a “word” person, especially when it comes to expressing love and other emotions. But the actions too, speak loudly and assertively and leave an engraved impression in my heart.

Whatever it is, after watching Shakespeare in Love, I have an incredible feeling like I’m floating on clouds…
that I’m lighter than air…
that I’m in love with love itself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home